Friday 27 June 2014

Almost ready to move on.

Over the last couple of weeks we have spent a lot of time at our soon to be new house, painting and measuring. (We have also been ill, the baby is teething, which means no sleep, we have both been super busy at work and the man of the house was off for a weekend at CVM's The Gathering, so its been a bit crazy).

Not the most exciting way to spend precious sunny days but our current contract runs out in 5 days and we need to take advantage of the empty house. Our fantastic new landlords have had the house cleaned, the carpets cleaned and have agreed to pay for paint if we do the decorating. No big changes yet, just painting a new coat of magnolia in the lounge and the boys room and white gloss on the woodwork in both rooms too.

My rather more technologically minded husband has drawn up each room on the PC and printed out some room outlines for me to play with. As sad as it is to admit we already have little to scale shapes for every piece of furniture we own, and once they are printed and cut out, I will settle down with some blue tak and work out whats going where, hopefully this will make moving day less stressful.

You see I dont really like 'stuff', although I am terribly sentimental, I especially keep gifts (even if I dont like them) from people who have put thought and time into what they are giving. Stuff makes me stressed, I like order and to be able to find anything I need quickly and for it to be ready to use (there is a reason people joke that I am OCD). But piling all our stuff into boxes makes me realise how much of it we have!
 
So this move will see the biggest and most extreme thinning of stuff so far, not least because the house we are moving into is a fair bit smaller and we need to get rid of some the furniture we have been holding onto 'just in case', but because we have the boys, our wonderful boys who seam to have some sort of gravitational pull for small buts of plastic junk.

When I say we have our boys, I mean we have our lot, team Morgan is complete (God willing!) and so its time to wave goodbye to the baby paraphernalia, which takes up so much room and start a new season. But how will I cope? Every baby item has a memory, if I get rid of it will I start to forget how wonderful it was to hold those tiny bundles?

Maybe its a good thing that the new house has a fully boarded loft?....








No comments:

Post a Comment